Thursday, August 1, 2013

Jonasitis

Jonasitis: an addiction to the Jonas Brothers and their music.

Yup. I've had it since I was sixteen. It was because of going to five Jonas Brothers concerts that I discovered my love of concert photography. I was often in the front row, or relatively close to the stage and just kept snapping pictures on my point and shoot camera. I paid attention to the lighting, composition, and action going on. I also saw the photographers in the pit and envied them. When I realized that someone could make a career out of photographing talented artists and bands, I also realized what my passion is and will be for the rest of my life. Of course, photographing the Jonas Brothers was on my bucket list. But I never expected it to happen, or even relatively soon.

My first Jonas Brothers concert was in 2007. Just six years later, currently in the height of my live music photography career, I got to photograph them at Mixtape Festival 2013 from the photo pit with a press pass. I felt like this was one of the shoots my career had been leading up to - I got to shoot the band in which I discovered my love of concert photography at their shows.

When the stage lights dimmed and the crowd at Mixtape Festival 2013 started screaming, I was still had the same feeling I always get when I photograph musicians - which is a major adrenaline rush. As soon as Nick, Joe and Kevin took the stage and I started shooting, I couldn't believe it - I was photographing the Jonas Brothers in the photo pit, with a press pass, and I was rocking it. They started with "S.O.S." - one of their first songs that put them on the map, and I couldn't have been happier. I nailed all the important shots. Joe and I made eye contact several times through my lens and he rocked out for me.

Below are some of my favorite photographs of the Jonas Brothers from Mixtape Festival. Enjoy. :)

                                                                                          














No comments:

Post a Comment